I will never apologize that we incorporate so much PLAY into our daily schedule:
When tours ask about it I gently explain that while what Mr. Rogers says is true, there is more – we intentionally set up play experiences so that significant learning can take place. It is crucial that we remember...
Everything we do is intentional
Research proves time and time again that what we’re doing is best practice for children. Young children learn and grow when our focus is on what is essential.
- Social/Emotional Development: We attend to the whole child as this domain is linked with cognitive and academic development.
- Integrated Learning: The quality of our program is greatly affected by the nature of our teacher-child interactions.
- Partnership with Families: Joint pathways of communication are critical and our respect of parents as first educators is preeminent.
- Language Development: We strive to offer a language and conversation rich environment. This environment explicitly targets emergent reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Responsive Instruction: We continuously monitor children’s progress toward key benchmartks and objectives as well as the outcomes we desire for each age group.